New pool owner questions

Oct 4, 2013
Hi all thanks for any help in advance. Just purchased a home with a built in masonary pool I estimate 30-35k gal. The masonary in the pool is dark. not black or brown, hard to descrobe. The water itsel is very clear. I tried scrubbing sections to no avail. Does it need to be drained and painted? Also I have a heyward DI filter that I believe I will replace in the spring. It is (I believe) about 15 years old and has several minor leaks around the tank and pump. My other question is I have a light tan colored silt on the bottom of the pool is this from the filter?

Chris

Welcome to tfp, ChrisInStockton :wave:

ChrisInStockton said:
The masonary in the pool is dark. not black or brown, hard to descrobe.
Maybe post a picture? Are you suggesting that you think it is stained?

ChrisInStockton said:
My other question is I have a light tan colored silt on the bottom of the pool is this from the filter?
See if you can get some to feel if it is slimy or gritty. If it is slimy then you have algae (it sounds like dead algae). If it is gritty then you have some dirt that needs to be vacuumed. Does it "poof" away when you try and vacuum?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.