Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing - chemical sequence question

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing - chemical sequence question

Hey all, about to get things in order to close my pool but I've kind of slacked on it in the past few weeks as it has been to cold to swim.

FC 1.5
    Cc .5
    Tc 2
    Ph 8+
    Ta 70
    Ch 170
    Cya 60

Obviously my chemicals are off! Any suggestions on wether to add soda first and then handle the ph after? Or should I lower ph some now, add soda and then lower ph again?
    I know my chlorine is low but everything's still crystal clear!

Also is this the blue I'm looking for CH?

Thanks a bunch!
    18k gal. 16x32 IG cement painted
    Hayward DE EC-65

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing - chemical sequence question

I would get your ph down to 7.2-7.4, then see how low your TA is. Are you closing the pool now? If TA is above 60 ppm at that point, I would probably leave it for the winter.

That is more or less the color change you are looking for, you add drops until that color does not change anymore, then subtract the last drop. It is hard to tell, but to me it looks you are a little towards purple there, so the next time you do the test you could try the "fading endpoint" suggestion in the extended test kit directions. With that said,
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Closing - chemical sequence question

Thanks so much, I forgot to reply but It was indeed purple, I tried the other method and confirmed I was a little lower then i wanted! Pool is balanced and I'm in the process of closing as you may know by my thread about the bubbles
    18k gal. 16x32 IG cement painted
    Hayward DE EC-65