LOOP LOC Tamp Tool - Don't have one

Oct 3, 2013
I picked up up a used Saftey Cover, and I ordered the anchors. But I did not know I was suppose to get a tamp tool. Does anyone have any creative ideas on what else could be used for a tamp tool, or should I just be patient and order one and wait for it? Thanks

Sorry no. It is used when you are installing the anchors into the cement. from youtube video it looks like an aluminum stem that you in put into the anchor, and tap the tamper to set the anchor firmly into the hole you just drilled.

Take one of your brass anchors to a local machine shop....they can turn you an aluminum tool to fit inside it. That's what we have and it works great.

There easy to make, all's you need is a 3' piece of electrical conduit and a hack saw.

The conduit needs to be able to fit over the brass deck screw, 5/8 I think it is.

Then you take the hack saw and cut it so a 1/2 inch tab is left on one end to help flip the spring loaded strap over the brass deck screw. Just google for a pic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.