Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LOOP LOC Tamp Tool - Don't have one

1. Back To Top    #1

LOOP LOC Tamp Tool - Don't have one

I picked up up a used Saftey Cover, and I ordered the anchors. But I did not know I was suppose to get a tamp tool. Does anyone have any creative ideas on what else could be used for a tamp tool, or should I just be patient and order one and wait for it? Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: LOOP LOC Tamp Tool - Don't have one

Welcome to the forum!

I assume that's the little lever tool to stretch the cover to the anchors? If so, do a search, upper right corner of the page. I seem to remember someone made a tool out of steel conduit.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry no. It is used when you are installing the anchors into the cement. from youtube video it looks like an aluminum stem that you in put into the anchor, and tap the tamper to set the anchor firmly into the hole you just drilled.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Take one of your brass anchors to a local machine shop....they can turn you an aluminum tool to fit inside it. That's what we have and it works great.
    24' round above ground, 13500 gallons, vinyl liner, 18" Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Long Island NY

There easy to make, all's you need is a 3' piece of electrical conduit and a hack saw.

The conduit needs to be able to fit over the brass deck screw, 5/8 I think it is.

Then you take the hack saw and cut it so a 1/2 inch tab is left on one end to help flip the spring loaded strap over the brass deck screw. Just google for a pic.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover