Can I install an actuator to control two water features?

Jun 14, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi - I have a Zodiac RS8 control panel, currently controlling two actuators for the pool/spa modes. I have a separate water feature pump that flows to sheer descent and bubblers, each of which "T" off the water feature pump discharge line. Can I install an actuator to control the water features separately? In other words, the actuator would have three positions/settings to cycle through: (1) both features on, (2) bubblers on, (3) sheer descent on. The available JVA sockets are labeled "Cleaner" and "Solar". Is the system able to control an actuator in this manner? I can post a schematic, if that's helpful. Thanks for any assistance!

Actuators only have 2 positions. You may be able to do it with 2 valves/actuators. One to turn on the features and one to select which one. Although I am not exactly sure how you would set that up in the software.

Thanks for the response. Given that they can only have two positions, I think I would have to install an actuator on each line, after the "T" and then I could turn each feature ON or OFF separately. The pump is controlled by a relay, so that turns the "features" on/off. I'll have to see if I have enough room to install a two-way valve and an actuator on each line - I think it may be a bit tight.

EDIT: Alternatively, I could install the actuator and a 3-way valve at the "T" and control ON/OFF for one of the features. This is probably a better alternative, since it eliminates a possibility of starting the water feature pump with both features "OFF".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.