ultra gizzmo

Jul 11, 2013
pool is a semi in-ground 15x24 oval 54"deep. it's 16" above ground, located in New York. I bought the ultra gizmo because of the blow out hole and i'm looking not to drain the pool if possible. A 1/3 of the ultra gizzmo will stick out of the skimmer, my skimmer is not that deep, can i still use it? will i still have to block off the skimmer with the tupperware where the flap is. this is my first year having the pool. all the research i did, involves draining the pool. still have time, I was in the pool yesterday, but it's time to figure out what to do and i don't want to go near a pool store,nothing but bad advice there.

with a gizzmo you don't need to remove anything other than the basket. If you weir (flapping door) is easily removable then you can take it off if you like. If you are using an Aquador (the tupperwear like lid that blocks the skimmer.) then you would not typically need a gizzmo and just remove the plumbing off the skimmer all together. If your plumbing does not come off the skimmer then I would just use a gizzmo by itself and aquador if you happen to have it but it's not needed.

My plumbing will not come off unless i cut it, Thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated. The only other thing is not being able to put a cover on the skimmer because of the tall gizzmo, allows for all kinds of Crud to get in the skimmer during the winter.

Once the water temperature is below 70 degrees it should be fine to cover up the skimmer. When the water is warmer I would be concerned about mold or mildew forming in the skimmer if you seal it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.