Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment replacement question

1. Back To Top    #1

Equipment replacement question

About two years ago I replaced my pump with a Jandy stealth e pump variable speed. Now I would like to replace my old heyward power center and controls. I want to go with Jandy. I'm looking at the power center and board for a salt pool and hot tub. I like the aqua link and the idea of being able to use my phone or computer for my pool. I see where there is a new salt cell called the f-soft 1400 fusion. Does anyone know anything about this cell. It looks a bit more complicated than the others and I would like to get years of use out of it. Any tips or info would be great. THANKS.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Equipment replacement question

Welcome to tfp, mustangrich

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Unfortunately I do not have an answer for you, but hopefully someone who does will answer soon
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Equipment replacement question

While I am not familiar with that SWG specifically, I have a Jandy VSP and run a Jandy Aquapure EI SWG system and have a Jandy Z4 automation system with the optional iAquaLink controls through my phone. Problem is for me that the Z4 system does not communicate with my SWG system or ANY SWG for that matter so for me I have to manually turn off the SWG at the equipment pad when I turn the spa on and turn the SWG back on right before I turn the spa off (to switch from spa to pool). For Jandy you would need to step up to the more expensive RS automation system to be able to communicate with a Jandy PLC type SWG. Not sure if the RS system can communicate with the Aquapure EI system but I plan to look into this for future upgrade possibility.

As far as a RS system being able to control your fusion sanitizer (wait, I believe the "fusion" is the nature2 system that people here do not think too highly of) I am not really sure about if the RS automation system communicates with that system. But others will tell you that you're better off going with either liquid chlorine or a SWG than the Nature2 system to avoid introducing metals into your pool.
    15'x35' IG 16,500 gallons w/attached raised 18" spa continuous coping w/underneath spill and ledger stone wrapped, NPT mini pebble aqua blue w/2x pigment & abalone shell finish, 2"x24" travertine coping, 3x Jandy Color LED lights (2 in pool), Jandy Flo Pro 2HP VS pump, Jandy LXI (low NOx) 400K BTU heater, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG, Jandy Z4 automation with iAqualink and remote poolside PDA, 1,300 sqft Belgard Catalina paver deck with drainage, fire pit that matches the spa with travertine coping and wrapped in ledger stone, Elitewood insulated patio cover, Vinyl gates, back vinyl fence coming soon...