POOL CLOSING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Photos are in same folder as this document
2. Before you begin, make sure the water temp is below 60F or 15C.
3. Test pool water and balance if needed
4. Wash and put away all pool furniture and pool beds
5. Shock the pool - Two or three days before closing, bring the pool up to shock (a.k.a., SLAM) level and hold it there until FC holds overnight (which it generally does right off on the first night). Then let the chlorine level fall about half way back to normal levels, typically another day and a half.
6. Add Polyquat - ideally, you would do this after the chlorine comes down from SLAM level to about half way back to normal levels. Turn pump on to mix for about an hour or so before draining
7. Wash and put away solar cover and roller
8. Vacuum the pool
9. Clean skimmer
10. Clean steps
11. Clean pool robot filter
12. Put away pool robot
13. Connect pool drain hose to swale
14. Backwash for 5 minutes
15. Rinse for 1-2 minutes
16. Close the skimmer valve (drain only from main)
17. Change filter valve to waste and drain pool 3 below the returns (takes about 1.5hrs)
18. Remove step at deep end.
19. Remove pads from bottom of step to drain.
20. Wash steps and store in basement.
21. Place step cover at shallow end.
22. Close main drain and blow out water using pump for a few seconds to dry the area.
23. Keep main and skimmer lines open.
24. Remove skimmer basket.
25. Plug blower into the skimmer. Bremner used this - Cyclone Liner Vac 3 HP 120 Volt http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00401 ... viewPage=1
26. Close step jets and waterfall valves. Keep main jet return valve open.
27. Turn on blower and let lines start blowing out. Let the lines keep blowing water until starting to mist.
28. Starting with the line closest to the pump pad (deep end), remove eyeball and socket and plug the line. Used #10 Rubber Plugs. The remaining one return on that line will keep blowing out.
29. Now open the step jet valves at the pad. 3 jets should be blowing water. When the remaining main jet is misting, plug it. Water will now be coming out only at the step jets.
30. Once step jets start misting, open the valve at the pad for the waterfall.
31. When the step jest start misting, remove eyeball for first step jet (south side) and plug.
32. Next remove eyeball from second step jet and plug.
33. The only place water will now be coming out of is the waterfall.
34. Open valve to now have both main and skimmer open.
35. Water will also now be bubbling at main drain in deep end.
36. Once water at waterfall is misting, plug the return (use plumbers tape on the threads).
37. Let main drain continue to bubble.
38. Remove two drain valves on the heater one is inside (access is from the south side removing plug cover). Second one is on opposite side under the inlet pipes of the heater
39. Open heater and turn off gas inside.
40. Remove drain plug from the filter (above the sight glass)
41. Remove sight glass and gasket from the filter
42. Remove the pressure gauge from the filter
43. Remove the drain valve from bottom of the filter
44. Remove drain plug from the pump
45. Remove pump basket and store
46. Change filter valve to Winter setting (move it through some of the settings to drain it and leave it at the Winter setting)
47. Continue to blow until all the water from filter, heater and pump is out.
48. Continue to blow until the main drain is only bubbling.
49. Shut off blower.
50. Pour gallon of algaecide in the pool.
51. Using same bottle plug the skimmer inlet (pool side)
52. Plug the skimmer with foam (tight, so that it doesnt float out)
53. Put skimmer cover on
54. Put pool cover one and snap into coping track
55. Use clips at intervals to hold in place
56. Blow off leaves periodically from the cover
57. Drain water that collects on cover periodically
1. All valves at the pad are open
2. Filter is set at Winter
3. Gas inside the heater is shut off
4. 2 plugs on heater are removed
5. 1 plug on pump is removed
6. Plug at bottom of filter is removed
7. Viewing glass (and gasket) on filter is removed
8. Plug at top of filter is removed
9. All devices are unplugged