Need advice on a warranty issue (compupool)

ggenovez

May 27, 2012
Hi all,

About a month before my 2 year warranty on my compupool chlorinator expired, the cell caught fire. I contacted compupool, and they said they would replace it.

After several calls ( no parts in stock )I finally received a new cell and power cord. upon opening the power supply I noticed the power supply had burned as well.

I contacted compupool and now they're informing me that the model I had purchased is discontinued, and all they're offering me is a complete replacement unit for $375.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks

If it is still within the warranty period, I would think most businesses should offer replacement with their current comparable model if the same is no longer available.

Now making them think that may be a challenge ... best you can due is escalate to someone higher at the company and not give in ... assuming that everything "should" be covered under warranty.

Yes, but I did not receive any replacement parts until this Friday. It took them 3 months to send me some replacement parts, and as soon as I opened the unit to replace the power cable I discovered the power supply was burnt and contacted them immediately.

Should I be penalized that it took them 3 months to send me replacement parts after I informed them that the product had failed, and contacted them immediately after I noticed that the damage extended to the power supply?

Am I being obtuse? or am I right?

I can understand you frustrations. I've been through several units different problems, but no fire/burning/melting. I would write on paper why do you feel you're entitled to a replacement unit. Keep it to facts relative. Keep it professional/not personal.
for example:
Cell shorted out/called service/service didn't say to inspect power supply/upon receipt of new parts and opening of power supply noticed power supply is burned/damaged.
Ask why should you pay additional $375 for a covered part?
When they reply upgraded equipment, counter that a remanufactured power supply will be acceptable with warrantee. By discontinuing the product they've inadvertently acknowledged a fault with the unit.
They are still listing the CPSC series on their web site.
Ask them for clarification.
Sorry about your troubles. Hope you get it resolved in a timely manner.

They are about an hour drive from me. I actually pulled the cell and power supply and brought it in to swap out. I've recalibrated the my unit to draw only 28 amps to the cell at 100%. I get a high salt indication but unit produces chlorine no problem currently set at 80% 10 hours a day.

At this time I'm satisfied with the unit. Not strongly recommending as I did in the past. It still beats having to manually add chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.