Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autelis & Jandy - anyone with real world experience?

1. Back To Top    #1

Autelis & Jandy - anyone with real world experience?

Hi, I'm putting together an automation system for a pool I'm about to build & Aurelius caught my eye. Does anyone have any real world experience with the device? How well does it work w/ Aqualink? Anyone w/ experience connecting it with micasaverde Vera?

Thanks!
    28K IGP, AquaPure 1400 SWG, Inteliflow filtration, Inteliflow spa, pentair 1.5HP water feature pumps, pentair cartridge filter, 2.5 / 3" plumbing.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autelis & Jandy - anyone with real world experience?

Have you reviewed the Jandy iAquaLink to see if it would work for you?

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... aLink.aspx
    https://www.iaqualink.com/en/#/overview

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, I looked at that but I'm not a fan of the implementation. It requires interacting w/ your system via their servers and it does not have any Integration points w/ home automation controllers. The Autelis module has a local web server, enabling direct control. It also supports macros & notifications, and exposes Integration api for use w/ MCV/ICY controllers or custom applications...
    28K IGP, AquaPure 1400 SWG, Inteliflow filtration, Inteliflow spa, pentair 1.5HP water feature pumps, pentair cartridge filter, 2.5 / 3" plumbing.

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know about the Autelis, but the pool you're building sounds interesting. I hope that you keep us updated on your progress.

5. Back To Top    #5

So did a little more research and it doesn't appear that autelis is aware of aqualink macros. Meaning that I can't just say 'spa mode' and have that do all the magic on the pcb... I could certainly achieve that in the automation controller but it seems that it maybe better to have macros run on the aqualink board...

Does anyone know if this is in fact the case?

6. Back To Top    #6

I have Autelis for my Pentair pool Equipment Very please

7. Back To Top    #7

I would suggest posting a query on the Autelis Jandy forum. They are quite responsive and should get back to you reasonably quickly. I don't have Jandy stuff, but have the Autelis controller for my Pentair EasyTouch 8 system. I've had it hooked up for 2 years now and it is rock solid. I was a bit concerned as they had quite a delay getting stock available recently, but they have a new hardware design and it is now available. Looks like they had to switch hardware suppliers and wait for the slow boat from Asia.

http://www.autelis.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

8. Back To Top    #8

For those interested, it appears that autelis does support macros/programming/scheduling...

http://www.autelis.com/forum/viewtopic. ... p=888#p888