Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Texas!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Texas!

Finishing our first few months as a new pool owner. Reading and learning from fellow TFP forum members when I have the time.

Here are my current levels:
    FC 4.5
    CC 0
    TC 4.5
    TA 90
    CH 280
    CYA 40
    pH 8.0
    2950 ppm salt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [center:1nbz4di1]29K gal, IG PebbleSheen plaster with raised spa, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump
    Pentair Tagelus sand filter, Pentair Intellchlor 40 SWG, Pentair Kreepy Krauly pressure side pool cleaner
    [/center:1nbz4di1]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Texas!

Welcome to TFP!

I'd get your pH down. You really want it between 7.2 and 7.8. It's critical that you keep your pH in check during this first year that your pool is up.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Welcome to TFP!

I'd get your pH down. You really want it between 7.2 and 7.8. It's critical that you keep your pH in check during this first year that your pool is up.
    Just added 28 oz muriatic acid as the poolcalculator.com suggested. Will test pH again tomorrow. Added same amount last week and it dropped to 7.5 for a few days. Is adding muriatic acid "normal" practice in a SWG pool?
    [center:1nbz4di1]29K gal, IG PebbleSheen plaster with raised spa, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump
    Pentair Tagelus sand filter, Pentair Intellchlor 40 SWG, Pentair Kreepy Krauly pressure side pool cleaner
    [/center:1nbz4di1]

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes. Over the first year as your plaster cures, your pH will be rising a good deal. Couple this with the fact that you operate a SWCG (also raises pH constantly), daily additions of MA will likely be needed. You might consider bringing your TA down a bit. This will help.

6. Back To Top    #6

In addition to what was said above, for a swg pool you really want your cya up in the 70-80 ppm range.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

My pool is almost 3 years old and I have a SWG also. I'm still adding about a quart of MA each week to keep my pH in check. Borates and lower TA will help. The good news is that's about the only thing I need to add to my pool, except for the occasional topping up of CYA and borates.
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice pool there. Welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

9. Back To Top    #9

Really nice indeed!! Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem