Overnight Cloudy Water

MSI

May 30, 2012
Miami, FL
For two years I did not have any problems with the pool. Did all the testing and followed BBB method, always had sparkling pool in South Florida heat.

Earlier this summer we had lot of rain and pool chemistry went out of wack for a while but it was brought back to normal level. I shocked the pool about two months ago and water was crystal clear. Chlorine levels held well.

Just when everything was fine, about two weeks ago - overnight rain has turned the water cloudy. Water chemistry did not change. Chlorine level remained at 8 ppm. I increased the chlorine level to 28 ppm and ran the pump round the clock for couple of days but no change in cloudiness. :cry: :cry:

Presently:

Free Chlorine: 8%
Ph:7.2 (Brought it down during shocking)
Ttl Alk 70
CYA 70

Is it possbile that rain dumped pollen in the pool. Any thoughts?

Pollen at this time of year seems kinda unlikely. My guess is that you probably just depleted your FC and didn't fully compete the SLAM process. SLAM the pool and do so until your FC holds to within 1 ppm or less of loss overnight, your water is clear, and your CC is 0.5 ppm or less.

Hello all,

Thank you for your help. I tested the pool for overnight chlorine loss - found no loss. Slammed the pool to 28 ppm and the water cleared after 2 days of continuously running the pump.

Pool is back to normal. Chlorine level have finally come down:
FC; 6.0
PH: 7.3
TA: 70
CYA: 70
CH: 250

:-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.