For two years I did not have any problems with the pool. Did all the testing and followed BBB method, always had sparkling pool in South Florida heat.
Earlier this summer we had lot of rain and pool chemistry went out of wack for a while but it was brought back to normal level. I shocked the pool about two months ago and water was crystal clear. Chlorine levels held well.
Just when everything was fine, about two weeks ago - overnight rain has turned the water cloudy. Water chemistry did not change. Chlorine level remained at 8 ppm. I increased the chlorine level to 28 ppm and ran the pump round the clock for couple of days but no change in cloudiness.
Free Chlorine: 8%
Ph:7.2 (Brought it down during shocking)
Ttl Alk 70
Is it possbile that rain dumped pollen in the pool. Any thoughts?