Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ProTeam Spa Metal Magic

1. Back To Top    #1

ProTeam Spa Metal Magic

I have been using "Jack's Magic Pink Stuff" as a sequestrant in my pool to fight ongoing metal stains. At almost $25 a bottle, it gets pretty expensive. Searching for an alternative online, I discovered "ProTeam Spa Metal Magic" for just $7 a bottle. http://www.hottubwarehouse.com/ProTe...3945-cs40p.htm Is it too good to be true? I tried comparing the MSDS information, but don't know how to determine the chemical concentration.

Thanks,
    -JP
    17K gallon IG Plaster. 48sqft Hayward DE filter. Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ProTeam Spa Metal Magic

Right after posting, I realized that the ProTeam is only 16oz, compared to 32oz for the Magic Jack's. That explains most of the price difference, but I am still curious about the strength.
    17K gallon IG Plaster. 48sqft Hayward DE filter. Stenner Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: ProTeam Spa Metal Magic

According to the article in Pool School: pool-school/metal%20stains

The Metal Magic is one of the recommended brands (assuming that the "Spa" in the name does not mean the ingredients are different).

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!