Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG and Low Water Temp

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG and Low Water Temp

My SWG (Astrapool Sel Clear 95) with water temp below 15 degrees centigrade does not automatically switch off and indeed the user manual states that in such conditions the SWG unit must be switched off manually.
    So far so good.
    Then the user manual goes on by saying that with water temp below 15 degrees centigrade "it is recommended to remove the electrode in order to protect it".

So here is my question: does anyone indeed remove the SWG's electrode during winter time?
    What would/could happen to the electrode if left in the switched-off SWG system with temperatures below 15 degrees centigrade? Does very cold water harm the non-working electrode?

Thanks for your insights.
    Pescara, Italy. In Ground 55000 liters, Vinyl liner. 4x11 meters/13x35 ft - sand filter, Microdos ME1-pH controller, ESPA Silen2 1,5kW 1-velocity water pump, SWG Astrapool Sel Clean 95, Dolphin robot pool cleaner,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: SWG and Low Water Temp

Welcome to TFP!!!

If the SWG is turned off, it should not matter if it is exposed to cold water. Now if the water freezes in the cell, then that is a different story.

Please add your location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you .... since clearly you are not in the US
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!