Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Turbo Cell T-Cell-15 does not chlorinate

1. Back To Top    #1

Turbo Cell T-Cell-15 does not chlorinate

My T-Cell-15 apparently does not chlorinate anymore. I saw today that my FC was down to 3ppm, where it usually is around 7ppm or so.

There is no error light on. But when I go into the Diagnostics menu (the control is a Goldline unit), it gives me a realtime reading of the volt and amps and salt at the cell. All of these are displayed as zero (I set chlorination to 100%, so it's not just the system cycling off).

When I manually try to activate the chlorination, it counts down for its usual 15 second delay, then I can hear a relay or something switching, the display shows some numbers for a very short time, and then it shuts off again. It's almost as if a fuse is blowing every time I try to turn it on.

Everything else with the pool works fine; salt level used to be 4200ppm (a bit high, I know). Balance is fine. On visual inspection, the T-Cell looks fine. Some deposits, but nothing major. I tried cleaning but no success.

Any ideas?? Is it the cell, or the control board?

Thanks much!

Intex 9 x 18 Ultra Frame going up in spring 2014, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Turbo Cell T-Cell-15 does not chlorinate

Welcome to TFP.

Have you checked out the AquaRite not Generating thread ? The symptoms sound similar.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit