Spa suction fitting

Mar 28, 2013
San Jose, CA
Hi All,

I'm installing a spa which will be connected to the pool equipment. The pump is an Intelliflow VF, I have a Pentair heater and a Hayward DE filter which will be bypassed in spa mode. I'm expecting to run the Intelliflow at 100 gpm. My question is on the suction fitting. I purchased 2 2 1/2" fittings ( http://www.amazon.com/Waterway-640-3580 ... B00C7UFAEC) which say they are rated at 251 gpm (seems hard to believe). My question is do I really need two of these fittings either for safety or flow? My concern that two fitting will require elbows and a T which will reduce the flow.

thanks,
Steve

Two drains are typically desired so that there is reduced entrapment hazard ... if one drain gets blocked, water will still be sucked from the other drain and the obstruction can more easily be removed.

A few Tees and 90s are not going to add much head loss and reduced flow. The size of the pipe/fittings has a much greater impact.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.