Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Calc IOS7

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Calc IOS7

Okay so I am a long time user of Pool Calc and love it. I had some issue when I switched to ISO7 where I lost registration. I took the simple route and just bought another copy as it is that good and I am okay sponsoring the program. I have a problem now thought that is very frustrating, the Pool Calc does not remember me setups such as pool size, chems etc. Every time I log in it presents me to the setup page. Am I missing something and is there a force way to save?

Thanks
    16,000 gal IG Double Roman Plaster Pool (16yrs - plaster redone 2014)
    Pentair FNS-48 DE filter with WhisperFlo 2HP single speed pump
    Polaris 280 robot
    BBB all the way and tested with a TF100 kit
    Pool Calc user

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Calc IOS7

From what I have read, I thought that losing the settings was the norm (one of the known bugs that the owner does not seen to want to fix). But I have no hands on experience.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

If you never close the app it will keep the settings.....but close out the app and it reverts to the default. Been that way for awhile, and there's no hope for it getting fixed.

Sorry.....

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool calc app in iOS 7 immediately crashes for me. is it not being maintained any longer?
    Sue

18' round Sharkline Matrix AGP / 8600 Gal. / sand filter / Aqua Trol SWG
    Pool owner since 2001. Thanks to TFP for helping me convert off Baquacil after six years!

5. Back To Top    #5

Works ok for me. Ios7
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Apparently there are two Pool Calc apps? I deleted and reinstalled the one I have from my purchased apps. It still crashes. Then I searched the app store and there is an identical-looking one that Apple says I don't own, priced at $4.99, and not updated since January 2011. So I have to pay again to (maybe) get a working app? Bleah.

I see there are a lot of similar apps in the app store now. Anyone have an alternate favorite?
    Sue

Pool owner since 2001. Thanks to TFP for helping me convert off Baquacil after six years!

7. Back To Top    #7

There are definitely two apps, the first release works with saving the settings but the newest release does not. I am so frustrated because for some reason IOS7 did not bring along my registration on the first app forcing me to get the second. In my opinion the newest is a total pain to always re-enter data.
    Polaris 280 robot
    Pool Calc user

8. Back To Top    #8

The Pool Calculator app was all but forgotten by the owner several years ago. They have no plans on doing anything to the app what-so-ever. My honest suggestion is to save your cash and forget any of them even exist at this time. JasonLion, the original creater of the app has recently came out with a new Calculator that we are able to keep "in house" and update when we find the need to. It now has the new strength of bleach, the new 128oz bottles, and a new set of "Slam Values" set on your cya levels. The newer updates we have up now really does clean stuff up alot.

My suggestion......ditch the app's and start using the new Pool Math site. Save it into your favorites and it should work just fine.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo
    JasonLion, the original creater of the app has recently came out with a new Calculator that we are able to keep "in house" and update when we find the need to. It now has the new strength of bleach, the new 128oz bottles, and a new set of "Slam Values" set on your cya levels. The newer updates we have up now really does clean stuff up alot.

My suggestion......ditch the app's and start using the new Pool Math site. Save it into your favorites and it should work just fine.
    Thanks for the hint, but do you have a working link? This link goes to a 404 page.

Update: I found it through Google, but it is not at all "phone screen" friendly.
    Sue

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue
    Thanks for the hint, but do you have a working link? This link goes to a 404 page.
    Sue, remove the trailing "/" from the link and it will work.

Jason, any chance to get a mobile formatted version?

Jay
    Jay

28,000 gal in-ground hybrid pool with PacFab Superflow 100 sand filter witn VitroClean media, Intelliflo VS pump, Stenner chlorine pump, Raypak R336A Millivolt Natural Gas Pool Heater

11. Back To Top    #11

Thank you VERY much Jay...... Copied a bit more than I should have.

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks like Pool Math it is.
    Polaris 280 robot
    Pool Calc user

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by AV8TOR
    Looks like Pool Math it is.
    You go it!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool