Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: REplacement Cartridge

1. Back To Top    #1

REplacement Cartridge

Hi, I have just purchased a Zodiac Nature2express Raplacement cartridge. Problem is, when we removed the old one, the cartridge broke off inside the casing and now we have no idea how to remove the rest of the thread without damaging the casing. Can anyone help me with some idea's? Are you able to purchase the casing? I feel Im in trouble - Thanks Nicole

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: REplacement Cartridge

Hi welcome to TFP! If you could post a picture of the problem that may help us find a solution for you.

You will probably get several recommendations to just remove the Nature 2 system, since the minerals used in the cartridge can build up in the water and cause problems with staining over time.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: REplacement Cartridge

Welcome to tfp, nicole175

I agree with zea, stop using the nature2, it adds copper to your water which can stain pool surfaces and turn blond hair green. If a pool is properly chlorinated, then there is no need for copper. As zea said, post a pic so we know what part broke.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.