Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me join in the pool fun! I've been a pool owner for more than 10 years and have learned a lot over the years. I've replaced almost everything in my pump /filter system myself over the years and feel pretty good about what I know. But now the time has come for a true rehab. I uploaded a video to YouTube to illustrate the problems I'm facing and would love to get some comments and suggestions.
See the YouTube Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iMCHDXPk_U
Here's a summary of the issues I need help with for my in-ground gunite pool:
1. Pool is drained so I could check out the issues - Should I partially fill for the winter?
2. Plaster is worn through in many places
3. Decorative tile is falling off, again. What alternatives do I have to replacing?
4. Top step of 3 has collapsed
5. Cool Deck has been chipping for years. Can I fix this myself?
6. Can I do some or most of this work myself? At least the prep? (Other than the acid washing)?