Need help finding leak

Oct 8, 2007
Asheville, NC
All,

I believe I have had a slow leak for a while, but it has gotten worse in the past few weeks. There does not appear to be a leak in the plumbing. I have checked several times and there is no water around any of the hoses or the pump and filter. The only thing I can think of is a small tear in the liner. I have examined it as closely as possible and don't see anything obvious. Unfortunately I had a bad liner replacement about 9 years ago and have a ton of wrinkles. If the leak is in a wrinkle I don't think it would be possible to patch it. They wrinkles seem to have increased in the past couple of years, especially along the walls where there were no wrinkles earlier. I am thinking I may need another liner replacement. Not sure what to do. I know it is best to do liner replacement in hot weather. We are having days in low 70's and nights in low 60's high 50's. I also need to find someone who really knows how to replace a liner. The last guy said there would be a wrinkle or two, because I have a deck that surrounds the pool and somehow that makes it harder to make the liner installation smooth. I've always thought that was a bunch of bs, because inground pools with a vinyl liner manage to be smooth ( I realize it is not identical). Any suggestions on the best angle of attack? Thanks in advance for your help.

Johanna

You should see an area of the yard around the pool that is damp if you are having a significant leak. Also double check the waste line on the sand filter. Make sure it is not leaking when the pump is running in filter position. About how much water are you losing per week?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.