How to make in-ground pool look more in-ground...

Jun 17, 2013
central texas
The landscaper thinks we should put raised flower beds from back close PVC pipe around deck to step, then slope it down at base with soil. We were thinking building a retaining wall from the fig tree to pool and filling with dirt and then flower beds along deck. Which sounds better? Thx

kk4x.jpg

g033.jpg

kd41.jpg

My suggestion is neither, but rather to have stone (or stone veneer) applied to the pool shell exterior, in some darker contrasting color. I think it would look great and be a nice backdrop for a long curving perennial flower bed.

The devil is in the details! Again I'm not going with one of your options, so feel free to disregard. I would use soill along with boulders scattered about and a substantial amount of landscaping to make it all sort of blend in. I might also work a casual set of steps or a dropping path down through it for access. The kids will surely run through any large uninterrupted area of plantings. The path could continue on the flatter ground around the backside of the tree and come up on the left. Creating a bit of a potential destination down there as well. I always try to think master plan in addition to solving a problem. Could be done in stages if desired.

Our pool was built so the backside is about 3' out of the ground with the ground continuing to drop away after that as well. All the dig spoils were placed/compacted outside of the lower retaining wall. I am in the process of landscaping it, not like I envision yours, but still with soil and plants, no outer walls. Ok, I'm done with my landscape design exercise for the night.

It's cheaper for me to throw out ideas for someone else then to plan for myself and have to implement it.

6 kids with that drop off.....I'd look into ways to level it out more. Maybe a deck or something built level to give them some room for error when playing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.