Need input from someone with Intelliflo VF experience

RobbieH

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
Time to backwash my filter. I have the plunge type valve with only backwash and filter positions. The VF has to run a backwash cycle and a rinse cycle to reset it's pressure memory. Do I run the rinse cycle with the valve in backwash or filter position? I'm guessing it needs to be in filter so that the pump can sense the pressure in the filter?

RobbieH said:
Time to backwash my filter. I have the plunge type valve with only backwash and filter positions. The VF has to run a backwash cycle and a rinse cycle to reset it's pressure memory. Do I run the rinse cycle with the valve in backwash or filter position? I'm guessing it needs to be in filter so that the pump can sense the pressure in the filter?

I looked at my manual and it says it only has to be started in back wash cycle to reset. Nothing says it has to run the full cycle in order to get a re-set.

The filter must be cleaned or backwashed to reduce the pressure. Even if the
system has a cartridge filter the IntelliFlo must be started in Backwash Mode
with a clean filter to reset the fault and "zero" the IntelliFlo's filter status reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.