Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need input from someone with Intelliflo VF experience

1. Back To Top    #1

Need input from someone with Intelliflo VF experience

Time to backwash my filter. I have the plunge type valve with only backwash and filter positions. The VF has to run a backwash cycle and a rinse cycle to reset it's pressure memory. Do I run the rinse cycle with the valve in backwash or filter position? I'm guessing it needs to be in filter so that the pump can sense the pressure in the filter?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need input from someone with Intelliflo VF experience

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    Time to backwash my filter. I have the plunge type valve with only backwash and filter positions. The VF has to run a backwash cycle and a rinse cycle to reset it's pressure memory. Do I run the rinse cycle with the valve in backwash or filter position? I'm guessing it needs to be in filter so that the pump can sense the pressure in the filter?

I looked at my manual and it says it only has to be started in back wash cycle to reset. Nothing says it has to run the full cycle in order to get a re-set.

The filter must be cleaned or backwashed to reduce the pressure. Even if the
    system has a cartridge filter the IntelliFlo must be started in Backwash Mode
    with a clean filter to reset the fault and "zero" the IntelliFlo's filter status reading.

3. Back To Top    #3

Understood. Not sure which way my valve needs to be though.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    Understood. Not sure which way my valve needs to be though.
    And neither does the VF.

Pick whichever is representative of the conditions you want reflected in the pump. <--- Boy that sounds like a politician...