Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gomebike - Closing questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Gomebike - Closing questions

EDIT: Do not hi-jack another's thread. I have started you a new one so you will get answers to your questions.

I have a ProSeries 18X52 that I closed yesterday in GA.

We used sink and sweep a day before then vacuumed
    Balanced the water
    I also went around the top and inside walls with a pool vinyl cleaner to get dirt/oils off.
    We have completely disconnected the Pump and SWG, cleaned them both and lubed the o rings
    The Sand filter has been drained, O rings properly lubed, and will be covered for the winter.
    I've drained to just below the skim.
    I have an air pillow tethered to the center and a winter cover.

I did not add any of the winterizing chemicals such as a shock or regicide as recommended by my poll store. Should I?

Our projects for the upcoming season is to remove the pump at the bottom of the skimmer and put in some decking.
    [center:206csv7f]Pro Series 18" X 52" AKA "Poolio"
    Intex 2500 .5 HP
    Intex SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Gomebike - Closing questions

What is the current water temperature? If it is above 60 degrees you may open to a green pool in the spring. We usually recommend raising the FC to shock level at closing.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Gomebike - Closing questions

68 is my current average . I think that's a bit high but I am going to be very busy and last weekend was pretty much the only time I could see in the near future to close and store all the items properly.

I don't have any chemicals in it, last things I put in was to balance the PH. All others tested fine. If I go to the pool store and buy the winter chemicals will I have to hook the pump back up?
    [center:206csv7f]Pro Series 18" X 52" AKA "Poolio"
    Intex 2500 .5 HP
    Intex SWG