Upgrading from intex to 24' round agp. Thoughts?

SuzyAbbott

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 29, 2011
Hamilton, NJ
So thanks to a successful vegas penny machine adventure I have enough winnings to upgrade our 9x18 intex to. 24' round hard sided pool. Unsure what pool to get. Definitely want. Salt water generator and a cartridge filter but struggling with the pool. Some say MUST be resin, some say as long as top/side rails are resin we're good. Just not sure if we REALLY need a top of the line pool versus a higher mid grade. They say wide top rails are better but you're still not supposed to walk/sit on them. If that's true then why wider ones? Smaller ones are probably easier to deal with while cleaning, etc. any thoughts??

Wide top rails are easier to set your favorite beverage on mostly! Still no standing or sitting regardless of type. I'd get resin--look better longer, won't rust. Mostly for looks. Make sure the warranty on whichever pool you choose covers using a SWG. Wish I would have done as well in Vegas!

Thanks!!! I'm looking at a sharkline venture from poolsupplyworld. was originally looking at the matrix, but after some research found that the venture is sold under a few different names, but manufactured by wilbar and still carries a 40 year warranty even with the salt water generator. it saves like $500 bucks over the matrix, that we can use towards a deck!! Having a terrible time finding an installer though, ugh!! Thanks!!

I still think the matrix may be a better one to buy...5year full warranty (verses 2-year full afaik) and resin uprights (verses steel).

Also I am reading this in the warranty for both models:
Damages caused by the utilization of a saltwater chlorination system in combination with a steel pool structure (top ledges, uprights, joiner plates, wall channels).
See here and here.

Ugh now my eyes twitching. We had so many issues with bonding the intex I fear were going to have the same issue with the matrix. How are you bonding the water in yours? If there's something I need the installers to do while they're here I'd rather know ahead of time. I forgot that there's no metal to bond to in the matrix except the wall. The manual provides no instruction either. Any ideas?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.