Neutrilizing acid after no drain acid wash

sudolg

Sep 5, 2013
Hi all,

Had a no drain acid wash on my pool that started on Tuesday. I added 20 pounds of sodium carbonate yesterday afternoon. This morning my PH is still way low. Does this process take time to raise PH after the sodium carbonate is added? Should I add more or wait? My PB has been useless.

Thanks.

Let me add that the pool is a 18,500 gallon River Rok plaster pool

How did you add the sodium carbonate?

Typically, you can assume it is mixed in the pool after an hour with the pump running, and re-test. The recommended way to add it is to pre-dissolve it in a bucket of water, and then pour slowly in front of the stream of water coming into the pool through one of the returns.

Thanks for the reply. I can't run the pump as I have to wait until the PH comes up. However, there are 2 pumps in the pool that are circulating from the acid wash. I just sprinkled the carbonate in and I've brushed it all day. I did add more but no difference. I am ready to just drain the entire pool and fill at this point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.