Sep 15, 2013
New and Filled 2 weeks ago Northern Indiana Well Water
Vinyl Pool
33,000 Gal
Pentair VS 3HP pump 220v
Pentair 125k Heat Pump
Pentair 60D sand Filter

I knew iron was going to be a problem
However, this sand filter from my thoughts is trash.
I've been filtering over the past 2 week none stop and the water still isn't clear
Yes I can see the bottom drains, but overall I'd expect much more clarity.
I'm so fed up I have just placed a new order

Pentair Quad 100sq
I still have time to modify this order.

What are your thoughts?
Anyone currently with this filter?
Should I just go with the DE instead of the hybrid?

Furthermore, I'll be plumbing this myself for a variety of reasons.
Should I go with the multi or just straight through like a cartridge filter to increase efficiency.

Will I truly see the results i'm expecting from this filter?
I have no problem with the added maintenance if you water becomes and stays immaculate.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated this is my first pool and I've done a decent amount of homework

I appreciate the insight,and lastly I have a 2 week old sand filter FOR SALE

THANK YOU

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
I knew iron was going to be a problem
However, this sand filter from my thoughts is trash.
Filters will not remove iron from your pool....were you expecting that?

Iron laden water must be treated with a sequestrant to keep the iron in solution
Will I truly see the results i'm expecting from this filter?
Tell us more about what you are expecting and what your water currently looks like. A pic would be helpful. I will also say that most water clarity issues have to do with water chemistry.....not filtration shortcomings.

I am afraid another filter will give you the same results unless you get to the source of your problem.

I was under the assumption that DE filter to a much smaller micron better able to clear up you pool.
I'd like to use minimal if any chemicals in this pool why I was leaning toward the Pentair Quad.
Does everyone here use sand filters?

From what I can tell all the iron is currently in a solution form.
The deeper end of the pool looks more rusty because you're looking through more layers of iron solution of water.
I could be way off on this but this is was I can tell.
I've put vitamin C in a sock and scrubbed the deep and with no prevail. Which lead me to believe the iron is not staining.

I've used 40,000 gal worth of Metal Free Leslies
The pool builder also put in 20,000 worth of a stain and scale when I filled up the pool

Attachments

• Pool 1 (6).JPG
    Pool 1 (6).JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Pool 1 (5).JPG
    Pool 1 (5).JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Pool 1 (3).JPG
    Pool 1 (3).JPG
    248 KB · Views: 35
I'd like to use minimal if any chemicals in this pool why I was leaning toward the Pentair Quad.
You have several misconceptions about pool water management but let's start on this one first. You must sanitize your pool and keep your pool free of algae with chlorine. Are you putting chlorine in the pool now?

I would Read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll give you some basic info on the necessity to have chemistry in your pool.......you cannot manage your pool without them. No filter will function unless you have correct chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.