Thin layer of white granules floating on pool surface

Sep 11, 2013
DFW Metroplex
Just this afternoon I noticed this, a thin surface of white granules floating on top of my pool, ran the tests with TF100

PH - 7.5
FC - 7
CC - 2.5
TA - 80
CYA - 40
Calc Hard - 300

What should I do, I am consistently maintaining high chlorine levels to get rid of algae issues, I will be shocking the pool during First week of October, as every weekend I need to spend away from my home.

Some granulated chlorine products can sit atop the water in certain amounts long after being added. Did you add any powders or granules to your pool?

257WbyMag said:
Some granulated chlorine products can sit atop the water in certain amounts long after being added. Did you add any powders or granules to your pool?

I moved to BBB method around 10 days back, yes before BBB, I use tablet form of chlorine and I used some granulated chlorine to shock the pool once, but that was around 10 to 12 days back. Right now I am maintaining my FC close to 7 - 9 ppm and CC at 3 ppm, I will be slamming my pool only after October 2 due to my travel oriented job. Lot of black/yellow algae already gone( Myself and wife brushing twice daily). Is there a concern to maintain the FC at this high level for almost 2 weeks?

7-9 ppm of FC is not a high level for your CYA level. In fact 7 ppm is a good place to be. Your SLAM level is 16 ppm. You can swim in anything up to SLAM level.

When you get the time SLAM it. Any questions just ask.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.