chlorine wash

Sep 25, 2013
We got a colored plaster pool. It had black algae so we chlorine washed it. It was a hot day and I think the chlorine baked into the plaster. We re-filled and the plaster looks really bad, like bleach in areas were it dried. We tried to acid wash a section of plaster on the step, but it did no good. We tried to sandpaper section and it helped a little, but not much. Any suggestions other than re-plaster. It looks horrible.

Welcome to the forum Anna. :wave:

It's only a guess, but it sounds like those areas got bleached out. Not really sure, but there a couple of folks here who might offer something more. Hopefully a bump will get some more eyes on your post.

Thanks, yes I think it did get bleached out because it was over 100 degrees that day. We are in Southern CA.
I think we are going to drain the spa and try chlorine washing it again and see how the spa takes. I think the only thing we can do at this point is to try and make it look better. I tried taking pictures but you really can see it that well in pictures. It looks horrible when you are looking at it in real time.
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.