Stenner Pump tube

It really doesn't matter. There are thoughts both ways and I don't really think it matters as long as the FC stays above the minimum for your CYA all the time. I have an adjustable pump and run it on the main pump timer, so it's injecting a little whenever the main pump runs (four-2 hour segments). Some people bought a larger fixed injection pump and just inject the chlorine for a few minutes all at once. Both ways work.

psuaqua said:
Is it best to pump the chlorine in as quick as possible once the sun goes down in 10 minutes or so or is it better to spread it out over the entire evening like 8 hours?

I have mine setup to pump in at 8pm at night. All of it, 16 minutes (28 ounces), right away 5 minutes after the pump starts. The pump runs for a total of one hour to disperse the chlorine throughout the pool and spa. It then has all night to sanitize. That way it it is not subjected to burn off due to sunlight. I've found I use less chlorine this way compared with injecting in the morning.

Has everyone been replacing the duckbills when they replace the pump tube yearly as recommended by Locke Well/Pump ?? I would just think if it did leak by in the backward direction from the pool pump pressure while the stenner were off it would only make it up to the pump roller head if anything ?? Thoughts??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.