Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Pump tube

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Pump tube

Which Stenner tube material is the best for use with chlorine?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Pump tube

Santoprene.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it best to pump the chlorine in as quick as possible once the sun goes down in 10 minutes or so or is it better to spread it out over the entire evening like 8 hours?

4. Back To Top    #4

It really doesn't matter. There are thoughts both ways and I don't really think it matters as long as the FC stays above the minimum for your CYA all the time. I have an adjustable pump and run it on the main pump timer, so it's injecting a little whenever the main pump runs (four-2 hour segments). Some people bought a larger fixed injection pump and just inject the chlorine for a few minutes all at once. Both ways work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by psuaqua
    Is it best to pump the chlorine in as quick as possible once the sun goes down in 10 minutes or so or is it better to spread it out over the entire evening like 8 hours?
    I have mine setup to pump in at 8pm at night. All of it, 16 minutes (28 ounces), right away 5 minutes after the pump starts. The pump runs for a total of one hour to disperse the chlorine throughout the pool and spa. It then has all night to sanitize. That way it it is not subjected to burn off due to sunlight. I've found I use less chlorine this way compared with injecting in the morning.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have my pump timer set to slowly add chlorine over 5 hours at night. My pool pump runs 24/7 during the season.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Has everyone been replacing the duckbills when they replace the pump tube yearly as recommended by Locke Well/Pump ?? I would just think if it did leak by in the backward direction from the pool pump pressure while the stenner were off it would only make it up to the pump roller head if anything ?? Thoughts??
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

8. Back To Top    #8

Bump...anyone??

24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....