Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How can I program a VS pump speed for solar in EasyTouch?

1. Back To Top    #1

How can I program a VS pump speed for solar in EasyTouch?

Hi --

Connected my solar sensor to my EasyTouch 4P panel today. When the solar is not running, I want to run the pump at 1250rpm. When solar is triggered, I'd like to run it at 1850rpm (this yields 32gpm according to my Flovis flow meter).

I can't figure out how to program this. I can create a Circuit called 'Solar', and assigned it the desired speed, but I can't seem to link it to solar activation (Circuit Assigned to is grayed out...).

Any hints welcome.

Thanks,
    muski
    25,000 gallon IG plaster pool (c.1963). Pentair Intelliflo VS. Clean n Clear Plus 320. Pentair East Touch 4P. Intellichem with liquid chlorine dispenser. 8 Aquasol 4x10 Panels. Polaris 280 w/booster pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How can I program a VS pump speed for solar in EasyTouch

18008317133. Pentair help line. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Step one: Confirm the easy touch sees your solar.
    From either control (at equip or icp) touch menu, scroll to heat, touch select, touch select again, touch select again. Scroll through the available heat sources and confirm one of them is solar. Touch menu button 3 times to back out of menu.

Step 2:
    Touch menu button. scroll to settings touch select.
    Scroll to intelliflo, touch select. touch select agian.
    select pump type, touch select. Follow instructions to set for VS pump (may already be selected).
    Touch menu to back-out ONE level.
    Scroll to speeds, touch select, scroll till you see an available (NONE) slot, touch select
    Set speed for solar, touch select.
    Scroll till you see solar, or solar /heat, touch select. touch menu 5 times. Solar speed should be set.

Hope this helps
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you -- it worked! Now I see the 'special' circuits in the Speeds section. I was trying to create my own solar circuit. And I found the one for Freeze, too. I did this on the panel as you suggested, but it can also be done from ScreenLogic.
    [attachment=0:3ss9pmny]Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 9.32.16 AM.png[/attachment:3ss9pmny]
    Very helpful. Much appreciated.

muski
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25,000 gallon IG plaster pool (c.1963). Pentair Intelliflo VS. Clean n Clear Plus 320. Pentair East Touch 4P. Intellichem with liquid chlorine dispenser. 8 Aquasol 4x10 Panels. Polaris 280 w/booster pump.