New pool plaster

Sep 24, 2013
Can anyone tell me if the attached is acceptable on two week old pool. There are a few white streaks on the wall. Some low level blue diamond plaster. Then there are swirls marks. Under water it looks like it was painted on in spots. Pic will not attach. Thanks.

I don't mind the different colors, so long as it will not deteriorate in the near future. I can email you a picture, would you like to see it? Thanks so much, I will not have the money in the future for repairs.

If you could post it by using photobucket or similar, you would get the benefit of having many eyes look at it and give more opinions. We have some guys here that are very experienced in this area.

Can you see the pool floor in this picture. While I am in the pool, the discoloration in places looks like they painted a coating of white plaster over the blue diamond layer. There are run marks down the wall.

Mostly, I do not want to have the pool shell deteroriate sooner than it should.

Thank you again for all!!

Attachments

• poolflloor.JPG
    poolflloor.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 130
The white streaks are generally from adding water while late hard troweling.
Brushpup is correct that some streaking or mottling is typical on dark colored plaster jobs.
If the finishers didn't "over-do" the water troweling, there shouldn't be a concern with any deterioration. But I would take some good pictures now and compare in six months.
If no change, then all should be okay.

Thank you both. I have been stressing it really bad. I don't mind slight discoloration. I got what I paid for!! I have read everything and there is so much information suggesting that the discoloration may be soft spots. It is substantially different colors from the deck. In the water, it is not as bad.
I will keep it well documented. Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.