Sorry Grandma

Jul 22, 2013
Swartz Creek, MI
I bought my house in May but it was my grandma's so I've been taking care of the pool for 20 years already, albeit poorly I've come to find out since joining the forum. Anyway, I'm certain she is doing violent somersaults in her grave because I haven't closed the pool yet. She would have been talking about closing at the end of July after the bummer summer we had in Michigan. But I'm holding out for 60 degree water.

On a side note, I've been taking care of my 80+ year old neighbor's pool since mid summer. The pool had an algae bloom. She is on oxygen and the dichlor granules were hard on her...and the pool. Her family was closing the pool this weekend and told me they don't think the water has ever looked as good as it has the last month. Quite a compliment since the pool is circa 1969.

n8henry said:
I bought my house in May but it was my grandma's so I've been taking care of the pool for 20 years already, albeit poorly I've come to find out since joining the forum. Anyway, I'm certain she is doing violent somersaults in her grave because I haven't closed the pool yet. She would have been talking about closing at the end of July after the bummer summer we had in Michigan. But I'm holding out for 60 degree water.

I stuck my hand down in my 60-degree water today and was ready to jump in! I hate the thought of closing the pool after the summer of crystal clear water we've had.

Still waiting for my water to hit 60. Near 80 degree weather last week didn't help. I'm keeping the solar cover on because the giant silver maple behind me is now losing its leaves. Ugh. I'm thinking it might be easier to clean up a green pool in the spring than it is to deal with all these leaves.

I too am in Michigan and bought my grandmas house in May, too weird!
Also have a nasty tree in the neighbors yard that regulate my swim times.. (Early leaf dropper and waiting helicopters in the spring)

My skimmer basket filled up 3 days in a row with only running the pump 2 hours and I've been plucking leaves out non stop.....so I closed just this past weekend, water was 68 but I figured it would be easier to clean once next year then everyday until water got cooler.
Just thought I'd share that!
My neighbor also closed last Wednesday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.