Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cateng

1. Back To Top    #1

cateng

This is a very helpful forum. I have been on for two days now and have learned a lot. I am an electrical engineer for an aluminum cable manufacturer, hence the name cateng. I am a huge kentucky wildcat bb fan so that is where the cat part comes from. My new wife and I just purchased a house in January that has a 20,000 gallon inground pool with liner. I know nothing about pools so I will be very reliant on this site. I love being outside and creating things with my hands so I am very excited about making improvements around the pool. Aside from being an engineer I also do woodworking on the side, mainly finish work (cabinets, furniture, trim, etc).
    20,000 gal. Vinyl
    1.5 hp pump 300 lb. sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to the site cateng. I won't hold the Kentucky thing against you if you can look past my passion for the Tarheels.

In my opinion, this site is where it's at when it comes to keeping your pool in tip-top shape.

Congratulations on the new house and pool. Don't forget to post a pic of the pool.

Kevin
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp, 2" Plumbing
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome aboard cateng. Please post pictures of your oasis. I'm new to pools and just had my completed two weeks ago. You will find this site extremely helpful. As well, you'll have friends from all over the country that seems as if you've known them for a long time. It's a great community.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

4. Back To Top    #4
    So glad to see a fellow Kentuckian here!!

Welcome!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi there! It's nice to meet you. This forum is wonderful and you'll feel right at home and comfortable about caring for your pool.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6

I guess I can look past your passion for the tarheels until November/December. Should be interesting. Cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelPool
    Welcome to the site cateng. I won't hold the Kentucky thing against you if you can look past my passion for the Tarheels.

In my opinion, this site is where it's at when it comes to keeping your pool in tip-top shape.

Congratulations on the new house and pool. Don't forget to post a pic of the pool.

Kevin
    20,000 gal. Vinyl

7. Back To Top    #7
    I'm also an EE and huge UK fan. I doubt this year will be much fun, but maybe we'll see some basketball the next year.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

8. Back To Top    #8

I take it you werent born in IN if your a UK fan. I live right across the river (Owensboro).
    20,000 gal. Vinyl

9. Back To Top    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cateng
    I take it you werent born in IN if your a UK fan. I live right across the river (Owensboro).
    Born in Louisville. I'm about an hour an a half north of you. I need to make a trip to Moonlite. Been a couple of years.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

10. Back To Top    #10
    Welcome cateng!
    I lived in Owensboro when I was about 5 yrs old. I remember going to the hydroplane (boat) races on the river. My biggest thrill was seeing the "Miss Budwieser" boat race. Easily entertained back then (early 70s).

You talk to Johnny Depp much?
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits