No electricity? Bad pump?

Jun 5, 2011
I'm not sure if I have a bad timer or bad pump?

I went to close the pool today by manually turning on the pump for a few more hours and nothing happened. The breaker was tripped, and I had no problems resetting it, but still no power. My voltage checker at the Intermatic mechanical timer and at the pump sounded a chirp, but when I turn the timer on I get nothing. Oh, btw, the pool light supplied by the same line works so maybe it's the timer? Can a local pool supply store hook up power to the pump to see if it works on their power?

HELP!!! Leaving Saturday on business for a month so I have to get this done now. Any suggestions/thoughts? Bad timer or bad pump?

Thanks!

Mike

Do you know what setting(s) on the voltmeter I need to use? I've only used it to check continuity on appliance parts before. No switch after the timer, just the separate inbound lines going to en electrical outlet and pool light. Guess I could check the plug too, huh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.