Closing a Salt Water Pool

msipos

Apr 12, 2013
I have bee told for Salt Water Pools to add a Scale Free Product over the winter to prevent scale. Does that even work? I had a scale problem last year so would like to avoid it if I can but I will be monitoring the pool's ph level throughout the winter....my calcium level is over 400 so concerned...did some draining this summer to lower it but still at about 450.....

Actually, all other levels being equal, the higher level of salt in a SWG pool actually REDUCES the likelihood of calcium scaling. If you are going to be monitoring the pH, then there should be no need for a scale free product.

It is not only the CH that leads to calcium scaling ... the other parameters play into it as you see in the calculator via the CSI.

You CH is really not that high we have members with quadruple digits.

I was simply saying that having the extra salt actually lower the CSI and thus the liklihood of scaling ... which seems to be opposite what "you have been told"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.