Closing AG pool

rxn

Sep 10, 2013
First time AG pool owner closing in Central NJ this week.

A few questions:

* my filter manual (Hayward Dream Line) indicates that I should remove the drain plug and set the multiport to 'winter'. Is this sufficient? I've seen mixed advice on removing the entire multiport, blowing out the filter with a shop-vac, etc ... I plan to at least remove the pressure gauge.

* I have one skimmer box and a single return. I plan to remove the return and eyeball (e.g. both sides) and the hose from the bottom of the skimmer basket. Do I need to remove the skimmer / return housing from the pool wall?

Thanks for all your help, it has been an effortless season thanks to this forum.

Removing the drain plug from the filter should be fine. Don't forget the ones on the pump basket and casing. It's a good idea to remove the pressure gauge.

No need to remove the skimmer since you're removing the hose from teh bottom. Any water that gets in there will drain right out and not hurt anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.