Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing AG pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing AG pool

First time AG pool owner closing in Central NJ this week.

A few questions:

* my filter manual (Hayward Dream Line) indicates that I should remove the drain plug and set the multiport to 'winter'. Is this sufficient? I've seen mixed advice on removing the entire multiport, blowing out the filter with a shop-vac, etc ... I plan to at least remove the pressure gauge.

* I have one skimmer box and a single return. I plan to remove the return and eyeball (e.g. both sides) and the hose from the bottom of the skimmer basket. Do I need to remove the skimmer / return housing from the pool wall?

Thanks for all your help, it has been an effortless season thanks to this forum.
    14000 Gal Above ground pool / SWG / Sand

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Closing AG pool

Removing the drain plug from the filter should be fine. Don't forget the ones on the pump basket and casing. It's a good idea to remove the pressure gauge.

No need to remove the skimmer since you're removing the hose from teh bottom. Any water that gets in there will drain right out and not hurt anything.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit