Stamped Decking - Slippery or Not

Sep 12, 2013
Keller, TX
We are looking at doing the 2 color stamped concrete pattern for about 1,000 sq ft of our new decking and the other 500 sq ft is flagstone on the raised sitting area. I am torn because when my wife saw the 1 color stamped texture she wasnt very impressed and thought it just looked like colored concrete. The two color that shows the definition and depth of the stamp is what she likes. The problem I am having is our PB is telling me if I dont seal it the color will fade and be almost 1 color in a year or so but on the other hand if I seal it it becomes slippery. I have 5yr old twins and we all know no matter how much I tell them not to run they are going to and I am fearful that if it is slippery they will fall all over the deck. If you all can give me insight as to if it is really slippery or if I dont seal it how badly it would fade, I would appreciate it.

Dig is scheduled for Thursday so I will start a thread with pics

My multi-color stamped is sealed and is not at all slippery. I guess it depends on exactly what they do though...my neighbor has another PB and there is like ICE.

I think the trick is my stamping is rather pronounced, really looks like natural stone, and the sealer had a non-slip grit it in. Those two things combined make it rock solid. OH, I have a 3 year old boy, who LOVES to run, even though we tell him no around the pool. He has not slipped yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.