Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 - High Pitch Noise from cleaner, not pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 - High Pitch Noise from cleaner, not pump

Hello everyone.

My 280 is making a very high pitch noise, coming from the cleaner itself. I searched for "polaris 280 high pitch noise" and found nothing but results on bearings from the pump, but my noise is generating from the cleaner itself, not the pump. It is so loud, you cannot even go underwater when pump is running. Any ideas...

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Fresno, CA

Re: Polaris 280 - High Pitch Noise from cleaner, not pump

Does it make the noise when the pump is running and the cleaner is out of the water. Had a customer with a 3900 and was having a similar issue, high pitched noise while the sweep was in the water, but not out of the pool. It turned out to be an oring and the repair cost him .64 cents. Pull the blue body off and drain as much water out of the sweep as possible, then with the body off turn the motor for the sweep on, and see if anything looks odd. The oring that went out was on the feed pipe assembly. The feed pipe assembly for the 280 is a k30, that is what your float and tail sweep connect onto. If the filter motor is on and the sweep motor is off does it make the noise?