Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2013 Pool Closing Pictures....Let's see them

1. Back To Top    #1

2013 Pool Closing Pictures....Let's see them

2013 Pool Closing Pictures.... I know....I know... sad topic, but let's see them anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 24' Aluminium Sharkline Coronado 52" AG Pool, Hayward EC50 DE Filter, Hayward 1HP Power-Flo LX Pump, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2013 Pool Closing Pictures....Let's see them

Toooooooooo depressing. Somebody should lock this thread!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I love my pool, but by the end of the season I had a leaking multiport and a pump on it's last legs.

I'll be looking forward to starting over, new port, new pump, maybe new filter. Big $$$ but at least it'll all work well.
    25,000 Gallons Inground, Gunite
    DE, Hayward Filter
    Loud pump
    Hayward navigator cleaner, leaf hose suction

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is mine, but I'm only partially done. Still need to drain down disconnect pump and heater. Water was 67 a few days ago, so it won't be long before I can finish up. Wanted cover on before the leaves drop.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

5. Back To Top    #5

I closed mine 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was sick at the time with a cold and I knew hubby was going to have brain surgery sooner than later and so we closed it. Can't wait til next year when me n hubby can get a full summer in!

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I realy need to put a "frownie" on the other side of the smiley by the steps for the winter months

Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Posted this on my own thread, but here it is again. Still need to drain down, and disconnect pump, etc..but pool has been slammed, polyquat added, and pool cover on.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

8. Back To Top    #8

[center:206csv7f]Pro Series 18" X 52" AKA "Poolio"
    Intex 2500 .5 HP
    Intex SWG
    [/center:206csv7f]

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking at these pictures, it appears as though several of them have most of the water in them. Do you normally drain 12" below the drain, or just protect the drain basket from expansion?
    24' round above ground, 13500 gallons, vinyl liner, cartridge filter, Jandy Legacy 175,000 BTU heater, unused Zodiak Nature2 mineral sanitizer

John 1:12 "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"

10. Back To Top    #10

From reading the comments, most have "sudo" closed as the water wasn't quite cold enough (60 degrees or below) to completely close. I drain mine 2-3" below the return outlet to remove the pump and hoses for the winter.
    13,900gal 24'x52" Backyard Leisure Heritage AGP
    20ml All Swirl Flat Liner
    Pentair 1.5hp Pump and 150# Sand Filter System
    Smart Step Ladder w/Smart Light
    TF100 test kit, BBB Baby!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by redhdgirl417
    From reading the comments, most have "sudo" closed as the water wasn't quite cold enough (60 degrees or below) to completely close. I drain mine 2-3" below the return outlet to remove the pump and hoses for the winter.
    So as water and snow collects on the cover, how do you protect the skimmer basket from being damaged by expanding ice? Or am I being overly concerned?
    24' round above ground, 13500 gallons, vinyl liner, cartridge filter, Jandy Legacy 175,000 BTU heater, unused Zodiak Nature2 mineral sanitizer

John 1:12 "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by IL_WS
    Quote Originally Posted by redhdgirl417
    So as water and snow collects on the cover, how do you protect the skimmer basket from being damaged by expanding ice? Or am I being overly concerned?
    You can use a skimmer gizmo or I take an empty algaecide bottle and put it nozzle size down. The water is drained below your skimmer so no frozen water will be in it. Remove the basket for the winter and I put a rock on top of the skimmer cover to keep it on. The skimmer itself is pretty hardy, mine survived just fine.
    13,900gal 24'x52" Backyard Leisure Heritage AGP
    20ml All Swirl Flat Liner
    Pentair 1.5hp Pump and 150# Sand Filter System
    Smart Step Ladder w/Smart Light
    TF100 test kit, BBB Baby!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

My skimmer has a lid that snaps in place called, I believe, Aquadoor. Had it for years. The skimmer opening/flange has a rim like a Tupperware container and a lid like one that fits over it. Simply snaps in place. No water gets in the skimmer. My return is just as easy. I remove the "eye" and screw in a 1.5" PVC plug. Pull the cover over it and slip the plastic 55 gal drum in place under the cover and I am good to go.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    My water was drained to right below the return and covered. Whatever water collect on top of the cover will force the pool water out of the return before it even gets to the skimmer. I've never worried about getting through the winters here in SW PA. I closed this pool the same way I closed my last one with the only difference being location (within 15 miles) and I do not anticipate a catastrophic failure due to ice, snow or rain. Sometimes our winters are mild and sometimes, they are brutal.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter