Question about CYA and SLAM

I bought a home with pool. Pool is about 12000 gal + attached SPA
Water seemed clear and there was a maintenance person. I decided to do it myself.

There were more twists than in anticipated. The filter cracked, the pool vacuum base cracked, replaced both then water started turning green.

The pool store tested water:
FC : 2
TAC: 2
Ph 7.5
CYA: 90
CH:200
TDS: 700
Phosphates: 500

A few days before water started turning green.

I bought HD test kit and that showed PH > 8. so added acid. And started slam and ordered K-2006 at same time. I started adding bleach blind, one gallon at a time, 2 times a day, water looks cloudy now.

Tested with K-2006 today,

FC : 20
PH: 8+ with acid demand 20 drops
CYA: 100+ (test stops at 100)

My questions.
1. During SLAM is CYA test reliable? Should i forget the procedure and drain refill?
2. Should i correct PH now or during SLAM I should not worry about it?
Should i worry about phosphates, i know generally opinion here is not to, i have trees in backyard so leafs regularly fall into the pool.
Anything else i should do now?

Thank you for help

Best thing you can do is drain and replace 50% of water. Get water to CYA level of 50 max. THEN SLAM your pool! No need to even test cya during SLAM. It ain't gonna change! No need to check PH with FC over 10 either----will check abnormally high. Forget phosphates.

The upper limit of the CYA test is 100. Your level may be much higher. Mix pool water 50/50 with tap water, test and double result, to determine how high it really is. Then you will know how much water you need to drain.

Who cares where the sump pump has been before ... you will be SLAMing anyway. They have all looked pretty clean to me.

It does not look like you have a waste port. Although you could open the hose bib on the left of the picture and drain that way, but it will be slow and only work if you can isolate the floor drain with the valve in front of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.