Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BOOO - Time to close up the pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

BOOO - Time to close up the pool!

well, unfortunately, the time has come to close our pool up for the fall/winter. Just got done bringing it to Shock level, and as you can see running the pool robot one last time to clean up the pool floor, and have the leaf net skimmer in my skimmer weir to catch any last minute leaves that are dropping. Tomorrow the winter cover goes on, and drain down begins. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. What temp is a balmy 54F

Last look until Spring:
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BOOO - Time to close up the pool!

Still a balmy 81 water temp in Texas!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Almost time for us to close up as well here in Southern Indiana. Even with the solar cover on, pool temp is barely holding at 70. With our upper 40's and low 50's at night, won't be much longer before water temp hits 60. How does your winter cover fit between the deck and the pool? Do you tuck it between the deck and top rails or do you have a different method around the deck?
    24x54 ABG 15,200 gal, 22in Ecco Sand Filter, 1.5HP Ecco pump

4. Back To Top    #4

there is a small gap between the pool deck and pool top rail..so when I pull the cable tight, it'll snug up underneath the top rail.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by flyweed
    well, unfortunately, the time has come to close our pool up for the fall/winter. Just got done bringing it to Shock level, and as you can see running the pool robot one last time to clean up the pool floor, and have the leaf net skimmer in my skimmer weir to catch any last minute leaves that are dropping. Tomorrow the winter cover goes on, and drain down begins. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. What temp is a balmy 54F

Last look until Spring:

I found it interesting that you cover it then begin to drain it down, how does that work exactly, you would have to keep it loose until you were done draining right? Also, do you put any type of floats/air pillows/intertubes etc. under the cover?
    AG 24' ( Columbia PL30-6 sand filter), 2hp 2 sp pump, cholorine, Tennessee
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    Still a balmy 81 water temp in Texas!

Ole hush it woody! lol
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

fannd - what's so interesting about draining it down after the cover is on? the cover is NEVER tight...it's large and fairly loose fitting. We do put a large float in the middle, to hold the center up. Then I drain it about 10 inches or to below the return. The cover, float all drop down as well..and are none the worse for wear, it all moves with the water level.

Dan

8. Back To Top    #8

Well....cover is on. Just added the Polyquat, and letting pump run for a few days yet under the cover, then will drain down this coming weekend.

Here she is all put to bed until Spring.