Use of Dolphin M4 with Leaf Nets on the Pool

crande

Sep 22, 2013
We've used a Polaris 9300 robotic cleaner to clean our 30,000 vinyl lined inground pool for the past 3 years. It now has multiple issues for which the repairs are almost the price of a new robotic cleaner. We are now considering the Maytronics Dolphin M4 as a replacement. From everything we have read, this will be a good replacement for the Polaris 9300, and we are hoping to get more longevity out of it. Our one concern is this: during the winter months, we do not close our pool, but rather place leaf nets over the surface which are held in place by water bags on the edge of the pool. The leaf nets do not hit the surface near the edge, but often times get weighted down and do lay on the surface of the water in the middle of the pool.

We use our robotic pool cleaner during the winter months to keep the pool floor clean. We have been able to successfully do this with the Polaris, but wonder if it will be an issue with the way the Dolphin M4 climbs the walls. Any feedback?

I run my M5 under the solar cover which is floating on the surface without any issues. I'm not sure if your leaf net will be the same. Another thought, move up to an M5 which has a floor only setting. Adding the remote option to an M4 should also give you that setting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.