Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deckjets- are they worthwhile?

1. Back To Top    #1

Deckjets- are they worthwhile?

I'm renovating our pool at the moment and will be paving in the next few weeks, but I've been in two minds about installing some deck jets and need to make a decision before I pave. Who has them and are you glad you did? It's not too big a deal to do it now, but I'm not 100% sold on the idea and they may be more trouble than they're worth, ie tuning the flow to make them even and so on. Any thoughts?
    41k litre (11k gal) shotcrete in ground pool, Hayward super 2, Davey Monarch 28, zodiac SWCG
    - undergoing a transformation!
    2nd season Pool Owner. TF-100 testing
    Melbourne, Australia.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deckjets- are they worthwhile?

We completed our pool install 2 months ago. We installed a set of 4, Pentair deck jet IIs. So far it has been the best add-on to the pool we made. We plumbed each one individually back to the pump pad so we could adjust the flow.
    2013 20x40 Vinyl Ingound Pool. 30K Gallons. Hayward Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator. Hayward C-3030 Cartridge Filter. 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Pentair Magic Stream II Deck Jets. Pool Automation=Allen-Bradley PLC 5/04. TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Same here. The kids love the deck jets. I can crank them up to shoot 15' or so in the air.

36k gal, 20x40x30 Tru L, 3hp-4 speed Pentair, cartridge filter and SWG, 6 deck jets, blue granite swim outs and steps, diving board, solar heater, yards and yards of stamped and stained concrete

4. Back To Top    #4

agree, I have 4 CMP deck jets. Kids absolutely love them, also great just to have them running during a gathering just for the embiance.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

5. Back To Top    #5

A couple of things to keep in mind when considering deck jets and other aeration water features: they can help cool down the water when needed, but the same aeration that can cool the water, can will also cause the ph to rise (the more you run them the more the rise).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.