Head pressure?? Totally confused..

Sep 21, 2013
Well I just had a pool installed ... Inground cement 16x45.. 7ft deep...Hayward salt chlorinator 15t cell, Hayward ecostar pump, Hayward cartridge filter...navigator pro Vacuum..6 deck jets..

It seems to be working great but I noticed all the gauges show 1-2psi of pressure at 1500rpm In both pump and filter..it moves to 4psi at 1750 Rpm... Are these numbers correct??

When deterring head pressure should I be running the pump at full speed 3450rpm??

Any help would be appreciated..Thank you

Seems normal. You likely do not need to raise the speed up that high for backwashing or checking the pressure. Take a clean pressure at a speed that gives a decent pressure so that you can see when it goes up by 25%.

Why are you trying to determine head pressure/loss?

Thanks guys... Only reason I'm asking about Head pressure is because the guy the builder sent over to school us on the equipment and care.. Mentioned it briefly...( And of course you all know the saying.." a little bit of information to an idiot is a Bad thing"..).. So the more I researched on the Net the more confused I became.... But I believe I understand the equation now... And how it works..

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.