Replacement pool pump system; please advise!

Sep 9, 2013
I am finally ready to upgrade my Whisperflo to a VS pump to cut my electricity usage. Southern California rates are high and going higher. I am inclined to stick with Pentair and considering the VS 3050, but not committed to that brand/model. Would I need to upgrade my Compool 3400 control system to accommodate the new pump? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am a big fan of the Pentair Intelliflo, you can do the Starite Intellipro, same exact motor and VSD, wet end differs, that is all. The programming and options on the Intelliflo is far beyond the other pumps on the market, and the ease of install would be a nice thing. I would call pentair and ask them about the compool 3400.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Just wanted to point out that another option which would get you a majority of the electrical savings while with a lower initial cost would be to just replace the motor on your existing pump with a 2-speed motor.

But, if you can get a good rebate on the Intelliflo and your electricity is expensive, it should save you enough extra electrical cost to offset the initial cost difference in a few years or less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.