Noob, green water 2 weeks, learning TF-100

Put "The Poolcleaner to work on whatever is causing that clouding. At this point, it doesn't really matter what it is....you just need to get it out of your pool, into your filter and then cleaned/backwashed out.

If you'll be aggressive about vacuuming it out, you are very close to completing your SLAM. You want the pool crystal clear and free of all debris (and pass the OCLT, etc.) before you let the FC back down.

3 days blue water and passing OCLT just fine. What a relief!
Got the poolcleaner/skimmer working less hours now and got my bleach at the ready to maintain :D
I am amazed not to see any algae when I brush. It has never been that pristine! Thanks for the tips ( and patience ). Great community of helpful people here

Now that you understand what we teach, you are faced with the boring prospect of crystal clear water every swim season.

You may decide to quit testing and stop adding chlorine one summer just to get some excitement back. :mrgreen:

Does it sound out of "normal operation" to need to add about 121 oz of 8.25% chlorine Bleach per week? That is roughly where I am landing currently.
Pool remains algae free, clear and blue. Temps are coming down here in Arizona but it's still swimmable for me! haha
I suppose I could try and lower my CYA more if that is what's causing it.
Today I came up with FC 3.5, CYA 80 ( which precipitated adding another jug of clorox )

Yes, that sounds pretty low actually. What exactly is your concern? Why do you think lowering the CYA would help?

Normally a clean pool will lose 2-3ppm of FC per day (although your CYA is on the high side, so lets say 2ppm). That would equate to having to add 66oz of 8.25% beach every day ... so you would need to add one bottle every 2 days, not every week. :scratch:

Is your pool covered or always in the shade?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.